THE TOURS INCLUDE
Our Day Tours only need you! We will pick you up at your hotel bright and early. Once we get set up with the bikes, we are off!
- The Lake Llanquihue Day Tour is an awesome sight-seeing ride with agreeable paved-road riding and few dirt sections. This is a great tour for any rider who wants to explore the area's magnificent lakes and volcanoes.
- The North Carretera Austral Day Tour is all about the riding. This tour is longer than the Lake Llanquihue Day Tour and is 50/50 mix of dirt and paved roads. It will have us traveling as far south as possible on the Carretera Austral before a long ferry ride would be needed to continue.
- The Pacific Coastal Day Tour is one of the best 50/50 dirt paved road routes in the region. Offering great back road riding and unsurpassed views of the coastal mountains and the ocean.
- Our Day Tours are designed for any adventure rider with only a few days to spare in Puerto Varas. We pack in as much as possible in one day!
- The tours are unique because they take you off the typical bus tour route and take up a full day - morning to evening. On our ride, we will see many amazing places and a few hidden spots, including lakes, volcanoes, and rivers, all things that created the name "Los Lagos."
- Contact us about combining all 3 Day Tours based out of Puerto Varas for an amazing 3 days of riding.
- Difficulty level 2 of 5.
GUIDED DAY TOURS
LAKE LLANQUIHUE DAY TOUR
NORTH CARRETERA AUSTRAL DAY TOUR
427 Kms / 265 Miles
Full Day Ride down to Hornopirén - Chile, the beginning of the world famous Carretera Austral. Leaving Puerto Varas early in the morning, we will ride along the shores of Lake Llanquihue towards Ensenada. Once past Ensenada the road is paved with some nice twisty sections. We will follow the Petrohué River towards Ralún, at this point the road turns to dirt as we ride around a giant estuary where the Petrohué River drains into the Pacific Ocean. This is a winding dirt road that passes through Cochamó with spectacular views and follows the contours of the mountains as it wraps around the estuary. Once we reach Puelche, we will head due south down the famous Carretera Austral or Ruta CH-7, into Hornopirén and stop for lunch there at a restaurant with excellent Chilean dishes.
Hornopirén is a small community tucked in between impressive mountains and volcanoes right on the ocean, it is also a ferry port for the continuation of the Carretera Austral further south. The ride back north will cover the same section of the Carretera Austral but our return route changes once we reach Puelche. Its there we will take a 45 minute ferry ride across the estuary. Then we will ride along an amazing winding paved road following the Pacific Coast into Puerto Montt, the largest city in the area. Once in Puerto Montt we will ride into Puerto Varas on the back roads, wrapping up an epic day of riding!
PACIFIC COASTAL DAY TOUR
321 Kms / 200 Miles
Leaving Puerto Varas towards the west we will ride through beautiful farm land. Before we get to the ocean we ride into the coastal mountains of Chile. Offering unsurpassed views of river valleys and rural farm land. The road will turn to dirt and we will ride many twists and turns with a lot of elevation change. Finally, we ride a steep switch back section down into the remote Llico River Valley. Following the river, the road goes to the exact point where the river flows into the ocean. We will get a chance to ride onto the beach and take a rest in this remote and off the beaten path area of the Los Lagos Region. Continuing on we will ride south along the coast with even more amazing views to the ocean and mountains. This section of road can be a little more technical with ruts, rocks, and muddy sections. But it is all good and proper dual sport riding. Leaving the coast, we will climb a steep dirt road out of the coastal mountains and back to pavement. We will ride a different paved road towards Puerto Montt and eventually ride a fun back road into Puerto Varas. This will wrap up one of the most unique dual sport routes this region of Chile has to offer.