THE TOUR INCLUDES
- Total 1000 Kms / 622 Miles
- Mostly paved roads, with dirt-road sections.
- Our Chiloé Island tour is designed to immerse you in the beauty and culture of the unique island of Chiloé.
- A different kind of tour offering you the chance to ride on the second largest island in Chile.
- Experience the distinct cultural characteristics of Chiloé and explore its amazingly fun riding opportunities. From beach riding, to dirt roads, to fun twisty paved road sections. It has it all!
- With smaller group sizes we get a chance to ride remote roads other larger tour groups leave out. Max group size of 6.
- Tour consists of 3 days and 2 nights, with 2 ferry charters.
- This tour is rated at a difficulty level 2 of 5.
With 3 days on the road we handle the major logistics. We provide from the ferry system to the moto and guide, all hotel rooms with breakfast, and off bike excursions. All you pay for is lunch/dinner and fuel.
Waking up in a picture perfect town is always nice. Cucao is a small community with the Pacific Ocean on one side and Lago Cucao on the other side. Day 2 affords us the opportunity to explore this beautiful area. We will have a day ride out to the small island of Lemuy, a short ferry ride offers us some spectacular road riding to an overlook of the Gulf of Ancud. We also have the option to go kayaking on Lake Cucao in the afternoon, or explore the surrounding beaches on the bikes. This is a day of true exploration for everyone. Good food and riding, and a peaceful place to stay. This is one of our favorite spots here in southern Chile.
CUCAO - CASTRO - ANCUD - PUERTO VARAS
Leaving Cucao is bitter sweet. When we leave the beautiful coastline, we will ride back to the city of Castro. This small city is made famous by the "Palafito" houses, or stilt houses, over the water. These colorful houses are unique to Chiloé. We will have the option to take a short boat ride to get a better view of the houses and the city from the water. After our boat ride we can visit the central market and then have lunch at one of our favorite restaurants right on the water front. Once lunch is finished we will ride back north on the Pan-American Hwy to Chacao. We will then catch the ferry back to the mainland, riding a short section of Hwy then scenic secondary roads back into Puerto Varas.